Persuasion Secret #3
Everyone uses a "strategy" when making a buying decision... even if they don't know what it is!
A person's strategy is the steps that they go through when making a purchase decision. Here's an example
strategy for James that reflects his values structure for selecting a restaurant:
- Read restaurant reviews online and in the local newspaper .
- Talk to friends to find out if they have ever eaten at one of the restaurants.
- Arrive at the restaurant and ask to see the menu.
- He is fully prepared to leave if he doesn't see anything he thinks he will like.
- He only looks at the price column after he has verified the food choices.
- He may not ask for the menu if the decor is not appealing.
- Look around for the nearest fast food restaurant.
If you are in the restaurant business, you would approach each of these customers differently.