Part of the secret of Maximum Advantage is that we have studied the speeches of greatest leaders of all time to
discover the methods and techniques they used to inspire millions of people. By reviewing these speeches or
attending a Maximum Advantage workshop, these same powerful techniques used to influence and inspire can
Here are some of what we consider to be the greatest speeches of all time. As you read them you will not be able
to help but be inspired by them. Even though they are only words on a web page, their power transcends medium and
As you read them, examine each one and ask yourself these questions:
- Does the speaker use a repetition of word patterns to create a hypnotic effect?
- How does the speaker create pictures using words? Hint: "Blood, sweat and tears" is quite a
- What assumptions and presuppositions are in the speeches?
- How do these speakers use adjectives to allow the listener to become part of the words?
- How is each speech tailored to its intended audience?
- What kind of similies and metaphors do they use to create links between their subject and things that
listeners are already familiar with?